Are you wondering how to repair a broken cell phone screen or a cracked taillight? Are you seeking the best glue for wood, plastic, rubber, leather, or metal? Do you need glue with a short drying time? What about strength? Do you need waterproof glue? Glue that's easy to clean up?
One brand of glue can tackle all these issues (and more). You need Gorilla Glue! Gorilla Glue has changed the world of DIY projects with fast drying times, easy glue clean-up, and options for indoor and outdoor glue use. You don't need heavy-duty adhesives, expensive tools, and endless wait times because Gorilla Glue offers fast, easy ways to build, mount, or repair for your next project.
How to Use Gorilla Glue
Whatever DIY project you have in mind, there’s a Gorilla Glue product ready to help. But which is the best Gorilla Glue for your particular task? Let’s check out some of Gorilla Glue’s top products and the best ways to use each one!
- Creates a strong bond with little-to-no shrinkage.
- Ideal for construction projects where a strong bond is needed.
- Best Gorilla adhesive for underwater projects.
- Available in standard Wood Glue or Ultimate Wood Glue types.
- Best Gorilla Glue for building carpentry or DIY projects using wood.
- Can be sanded and painted once dry.
Ideal for a variety of household projects, super glues work with a strong bond for quick repairs.
- Bonds plastic, metal, wood, ceramic, rubber, or leather.
- Best super glue for instant repairs and small indoor projects.
- Bonds in 10-30 seconds, with full cure in 24 hours.
- Thicker formula offers more control.
- No run super glue is ideal for vertical surfaces.
- Bonds plastic, metal, wood, ceramic, rubber, leather, or paper.
- Two ways to dispense for extra precision and versatility.
- Best for repairs needing controlled coverage with less mess.
- Bonds plastic, metal, wood, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper, and more.
- Best Gorilla glue for filling gaps and cracks
- Waterproof and versatile formula dries clear.
- Ideal for household and automotive repairs.
- Fast-setting formula works for tight-fitting joints, creating a strong, permanent bond.
- Sandable, paintable, and UV resistant for outdoor and indoor projects.
- Bonds metal, glass, fabric, leather, paper, wood, ceramic, and many types of plastic.
- Available in clear and white formulas.
- Mold and mildew resistant and won’t yellow over time.
- Ideal for sealing gaps or cracks in interior or exterior kitchen, bath, window, and door applications.
How long does gorilla glue take to dry?
All Gorilla Glue options dry quickly, but setting times vary between products. All types of Gorilla Glue are 100% dry in 24 hours. Here are the different setting times to help you plan and handle your project safely.
- Gorilla All-Purpose Glue - light handling after 2 hours.
- Gorilla Glue Clear All-Purpose Glue – light handling after 2 hours.
- Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive – light handling after 1 hour.
- Gorilla Wood Glue – light handling after 2 hours.
- Gorilla Super Glue – light handling after 60 seconds.
- Gorilla Epoxy – light handling after 30 minutes.
- Gorilla Clear Grip Multipurpose Adhesive – light handling after 5 minutes.
- Gorilla Silicone Sealant – skins over in approximately 15 minutes.
Is Gorilla Glue waterproof?
Gorilla Original All-Purpose Glue is 100% waterproof, and most other Gorilla Glue products will also stand up to moisture. Here's the breakdown of which Gorilla Glue to use with applications where you need to hold up under moist or wet conditions.
Gorilla waterproof products:
- Gorilla Original All-Purpose Glue
- Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
- Gorilla Clear Grip Multipurpose Adhesive
- Gorilla Silicone Sealant
Gorilla water-resistant products:
Not recommended for use in damp or wet conditions:
Best Glue for Wood Projects
So, what is the best glue for wood projects? Gorilla Wood Glue is an excellent choice for most wood-based applications. There are many benefits to choosing Gorilla Wood Glue. It has exceptional bonding power for any wood-to-wood project. Even tropical woods are easy to bond with Gorilla Wood Glue! The glue is completely non-toxic when dry, so it’s safe for kitchen and food surfaces, such as cutting boards.
Gorilla Wood Glue features a very short dry time of just 20 minutes while clamped, making it easy to work with for many different projects. In addition, it's easy to clean up with water while still wet. Gorilla Wood Glue dries to a natural wood color, and there's no foaming!
Gorilla Wood Glue offers superior holding power on wooden projects, DIY, and craft applications. It’s excellent for hardwood, softwood, and wood composites. Gorilla offers the best glue for wood projects, hands down.
The Strongest Glue
If you're looking for an adhesive that can stand up to many different situations and applications, you need epoxy or construction adhesive. Both options are waterproof, offering a superior permanent bond that can withstand any condition. Gorilla Glue offers some of the strongest glue on the market.
This two-part adhesive comes together to create a permanent, waterproof bond between metal, ceramic, concrete, fiberglass, and hard-to-bond surfaces like PVC and other plastics. With a 10-minute set time and a 24-hour cure time, GorillaWeld is up to 4250 psi strong. This epoxy is an excellent choice if you're looking for the strongest glue for plastic and other tough applications.
Gorilla Clear Max Strength Construction Adhesive dries completely clear and offers a waterproof seal that works underwater and outdoors in all weather. This non-foaming bond adheres to glass, stone, tile, ceramic, decking, trim, molding, metal, and more. It's a strong glue option that can work for any heavy-duty project where you need a bond you can rely on.
We offer a wide range of Gorilla Glue products at Do It Best for any need, project, or application. So, whether you're looking for glue for a repair, an adhesive for your next DIY project, or epoxy that can hold up to any situation, Gorilla Glue is an ideal choice. Browse our selection of products today!